I have heard back from most of you regarding date availability and it appears that we would be better off leaving around May 21st or 22nd. It will still be very imporant for us to maintain some flexibility in an effort to save costs.
Below is an example of a price chart flying out and returning to Joplin (this is subject to change and is used only as an example. The below flight is 24 hours from Joplin to Amman). The more specific we desire to be on dates leaving and returning the greater risk we run of making the trip much more expenseive. To leave on May 21'st and return on June 2nd (a 12 day trip) is $382/ person more expensive than staying until the 5th.
Please know that while we want to be accomdative as possible, we also want to keep this trip as accessible as possible to everyone. While it is possible to travel in seperate groups, for the sake of Books and More, we want to limit how many groups we are taking. Every group requires more than just a trip to and from the airport, it affects when orientation is (or how many times James has to hold an orientation). It also impacts how our events are scheduled.
If you absolutely MUST travel by certain dates, we will accommodate that (though you may not be able to fly with the group), but if you are able to be flexible, that would make things eaiser.
Based on the information cards you filled out, everyone is willing to do at least a 10 day (from leaving to returing) trip. Most are able to accomodate 10 days in country. With this in mind, 10 days in country is going to be the goal for the group at large. Ideally we can flight out together around May 21st or 22nd and return on an affordable day. Those that must return earlier are welcome to do so, and if some wish to stay later (perhaps the summer) they will be welcome to stay behind. 10 days in country would have us returning between June 4th and 5th.
Please let Jared know as soon as you know for sure your availability and any conflicts you might have. We will take Jame's advice and start looking for tickets around January.
This page will have updates regarding our trip. Please save the URL as this site cannot be accessed through our main page.